Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oscar Season 2013


It may be a semi-official thing already, but for me, February is unofficial Oscar season. What I want to do on the blog is take a look at films from the last few years' Academy Award nominations throughout the month. I know it’s not current, but I don’t really have the wallet (or the time, or the interest) to go to the theater to see all of the new films. I was able to see Lincoln and Django Unchained, both of which have been nominated for best picture. I like to go to my computer during the commercial breaks of the award ceremony, log on to Amazon, and stock up on the films that interest me. Of course, they wind up in the back of my queue and I usually don’t get to them for a while--I’m still looking for the first time at films from a few years ago like No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood. But maybe the blog will keep me more focused this time around and I'll watch them earlier. Anyway, interspersed with my regular A and B List entries, all through the month of February, will be previous year’s nominated films and winners, as well as my E List recommendations. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment