Saturday, February 25, 2012

The E List

While writing my most recent book of film analysis, I stumbled upon two books put out by the National Society of Film Critics.  The first is The A List, reviews of the essential hundred films of all time, both U.S. and International.  The second is The B List, the best of low-budget genre pictures exclusively from the U.S.  As I worked my way through the books I began rewatching these titles.  In this blog I wanted to share my commentary, not only of the films themselves, but of the reviews.

And this also inspired me to create my own list of film, The E List, that I feel have been unduly neglected or otherwise deserving of recognition. At the same time I'm going to be watching all of the best picture Oscar winners in order, and so I'll be occasionally commenting on those films as well. Ultimately I hope to have an extensive archive of reviews for some of the great films of all time--and perhaps to steer folks away from some films that may not be worth the time. Anyway, that's the objective. Let me know how I succeed.  Enjoy.

E.B. Neslowe

No comments:

Post a Comment